Crouse Community Center
Fact Sheet for Visitation
Crouse Community Center (CCC) will resume visitation in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Department of Health on March 25, 2021. That Revised Visitation Guidance will serve as our policy and copies are available at our receptionist desk, and must be strictly adhered to. This Fact Sheet is a concise version of the critical guidance we must follow and educate each visitor on.
Due to the majority of residents in semi-private rooms, socially distanced visits will continue in common areas. Crouse Community Center has limited common areas and will continue to take reservations for visitation to ensure space is reserved and available for visitation.
Visitation will be limited to 6 residents at one time and with up to 4 visitors at one time INDOORS in our main dining room, classroom, library, and/or alcove. Residents on precautionary isolation who cannot leave their rooms can still have visitation in their room with all visitors wearing full PPE.
Crouse Community Center will provide FREE rapid testing for all visitors weekly to exceed recommendations set by New York State.
Please contact the receptionist between 9am and 3pm in order to make a visitation appointment.
Visiting hours are Monday thru Sunday from 9:30 AM-11:00 AM and 2:00PM-5:00PM to allow use of dining areas. Each visit will be for only 30 minutes, starting at the top and bottom of each hour.
Please park your car in the main parking lot and enter the main door and stay to the right of the receptionist desk to socially distance from other visitors.
Visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID 19 prior to visiting a resident, please arrive 5 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
To protect ALL involved, please take advantage of a FREE rapid COVID tests. Please can come between 7am and 3:00 pm during the week to take your test prior scheduled visit. If the visitor does not pass the screening questions, temperature check, or rapid test the visit will be denied. Reminder, it take 20 minutes to take and get results, please plan ahead before set visitation.
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS STILL TRAVEL ADVISORY FOR NON-BORDING STATES…. Those people must follow NYS guidance prior to visiting which includes 24 hours of testing prior to entering NYS and a negative test 4 days after entering NY. CCC will follow all current guidance on travel.
- A separate log will be maintained with visitor identifying data for the department of health for the purpose of contact tracing.
- Staff will allow privacy for visitation, however, CCC must ensure safe social distancing, infection control practices, and ensuring cleaning and disinfection in between visits.
- Visitors must maintain 6 foot distancing and wear masks.
- For those residents fully vaccinated, physical touch is now allowed as long as BOTH parties wear masks and perform proper hand-hygiene before and after.
- Visitors must sanitize hands and wear masks at all times during the visit.
- Residents will be encouraged to wear masks if they can tolerate it.
- Visitors may bring in items for their loved ones, and the screener/monitor will send to their room.
- Eating/drinking is prohibited during the visit.
- Residents may have up to 4 visitors at any one time, anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, per Department of Health.
- Any resident or visitor currently on precautionary or mandated quarantine are not eligible for visitation. This includes travel to/from a travel restricted state or country.
If a visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, he/she will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID 19 New York State declared public health emergency as per the NYS Department of Health.
Window visits are still allowed, please make sure windows stay closed at all times.
If the facility has to limit visitation due to a COVID related outbreak, we will update our website and Facebook page.